Did you know? Every two seconds a pet goes missing! This is especially true around the 4th of July, when pet’s are taken along with their human families to go watch the fireworks or go out to all the fun festivities this time of year.
We get it, no one likes to leave their fur baby at home, when they should be out enjoying themselves too…
To avoid your dog bolting or getting lost during this busy time of year, please keep them safe at home with comforting toys, calming music or sounds, with the air conditioner on and the windows closed. Dogs are much like us, in the fact that some of us get anxious and some of us are OK with the loud noises and bangs. It is not worth the risk to take them to these outings! Always make sure your pet has a collar with ID tags on them at all times, in case of an emergency.
If your pet does go missing, don’t give up hope! Here are some ways to find your pup…
1. Contact your local animal shelters.
2. Share a pic with any information relevant to your pet on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) and have your family and friends share it.
3. Leave fliers around the area he/she went missing.
4. Drive around and ask neighbors.
5. If the above steps don’t work, here are a couple services that can help:
Keep those pets safe and indoors!